Crestone, Colorado  

RSS

A.J. Drew
(@admin)
Member Admin
01/08/2019 3:17 am  

Aimee (mom) tells me that Jodi is partial to the Crestone area in Colorado.  I gave it a google and wow.  At the time of the 2010 census, the town itself had a population of only 127.  But it seems to be surrounded by like minded folk.  There are spiritual centers, community markets, tours of artist studios and more reason to second her preference.

What do you guys thing?

Read more about Crestone, Colorado at Wikipedia

Welcome to Crestone sign

Dragonborn
(@josh-hudson)
Active Member Customer
01/08/2019 6:48 am  

I have been doing research and I think its perfect. It's so beautiful there. Iv found something called "common land" and basically it means that multiple people can have ownership/ share the same property and have multiple dwellings on the property. So that's something to look into. Also its illegal to live in a rv/camper for long periods of time...and you can build a tiny home as long as it's not on wheels because then it would be considered a rv.

ReplyQuote
A.J. Drew
(@admin)
Member Admin
02/08/2019 6:10 am  

On Crestone, yep the temples and spiritual centers are AMAZING.  I kind of think it would be fun to start some sort of viking / old Norse thing.  Ideology more than religion.  Sir, may I hit you with my duck.

On living in camper / RV, nope not illegal at all.  I figured it out.  You can legally rent a site, park your RV, and live in it.  What you can not generally do is live on your residential zoned property in an RV.  Can you see where I am going?

If we purchase land that can be zoned as an RV camp, then it is legal even though it is our own land.  It also becomes a source of income by renting spots out to people.  It costs a fortune to run septic, electric, and water but you can operate a 'dry' or 'primitive camp ground.  Proof is commercial camp sites exist.

There is also another weird little twist we could use.  You know how seasonal employees often stay in things like single wides and campers on agricultural land.  Turns out that too is completely legal if you are zoned agricultural & nothing says a thing about being seasonal.  So run a farm and you are good to go.  Proof is look around at the tobacco farms.

Then there is the other option, lets make shit tons of money.

ReplyQuote
Share: